Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 1997 05:02:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Something really dumb.  Have a look.

http://www.inna.net/wintv.html

60second auto update.  Currently its plugged into a satellite receiver.
I capture an image once a minute and use the Netpbm tools to beat it
into
a gif.  I think now I'll go look at using something else that might take
less horsepower.  We're pretty much waxing the processor doing the
ppm-->gif conversion.

This is using the STB WinTV card, Amancio's BT848 Driver, and rgb16.c from
the meteor package.

If only the camera I was going to use was working okay.

     : Tom Arnold - No relation to Rosanne           :
     : SysAdmin/Pres - TBI, Ltd ( inna.net )         :
     : The Middle Peninsula's Internet Connection    :