Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 1995 19:42:55 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Jim Bryant <jbryant@argus.iadfw.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net.errors getting ALPHA

> It was a really bad idea to remove the checksums from all of the dists...
> We need them back in, as well as for the install process to verify ALL
> checksums before committing to anything.

Sorry, the checksums will come back, but it was far too difficult to
implement for 2.0.5.  2.1R, yes.  2.0.5R, no.  If you contest the
degree of difficulty then by all means, look at the sources in
/usr/src/release/sysinstall and send me appropriate context
diffs.. :-)

For now, you need to have a reasonably reliable transfer medium or all
bets are off.

					Jordan