Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:00:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Alipio <daem0nb0y@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSH from private to public IP: Impossible??

Good Day,
  I used ssh to log-in remotely from work to my home
pc which already obtained a temporary ip address from
my isp, however, I failed to connect. Is it because I
am ssh'ing using a pc with a private ip? I tried
pinging my remote pc but no single packet returned..
I'm thinking that any other service such as ftpd or
httpd will not work also, though I've not tried it
yet. I've tried ftp'ing my home pc but using a public
ip and it worked.. I'm not sure if it will still work
from a private ip computer.
Any idea?