Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:11:17 +0200
From:      Paulius Bulotas <paulius@kaktusas.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrade to 4.7 over net?

Hi,

On 02 10 16, Iain wrote:
> I was just wondering if it is possible to upgrade from 4.6.2 -> 4.7 via the
> net. Is this possible on a running system?

here goes my experience.
I have a small server, which is short on disk space and I can't make a
buildworld on it. So, the idea is to make installworld from network via
nfs ;)
Suppose, you have a build server. Make buildworld and kernel compile as
always, then mount /usr/src and /usr/obj using nfs to upgradable server
and from it do make installworld and install kernel. But, you have to
use the same make.conf when building and installing.

Paulius