Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:45:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        msmith@FreeBSD.ORG (Mike Smith)
Cc:        yds@dppl.com (Yarema), FreeBSD-Current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Current), sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: After last ATAPI update system doesn't boot if modules loaded by /boot/loader.

It seems Mike Smith wrote:
> > Forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse... I'm still having the following
> > problem if I load any modules from /boot/loader.conf:
>
> I've reproduced this here, and narrowed it down to Soren's ATA megacommit
> on the 18th.  Unfortunately, the newbus patches (tested) and the other
> gunk (untested) ended up lumped in together, and I'm not having a lot of
> luck working out what exactly might be causing this.

That megapatch was only newbus patches and cosmetics around that, one
new item was cmd646 support but that is hardly the problem here.

> Soren - this is somewhat of a showstopper.  Can you reproduce it there?

Nope, I've tried several machines here, no problems, even with tons
of modules..

The only thing I can come up with is that _something_ makes the
delayed probe be called _before_ interrupts are up and running.
That will make it fail like this. Quuestion is is something
else messing with those hooks ?
We've seen this before, but back then no solution was found either,
it dissaperead all by itself...

> > ata0-slave: WARNING: WAIT_INTR active=ATA_WAIT_INTR
> > ata0-slave: ata_command: timeout waiting for intr
> > ata0-slave: identify failed

-Søren