Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:15:37 -0600
From:      Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
To:        Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@baywinds.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PXEBOOT based upgrade/install

If you're going to setup a netbooting server (congrats!), why are you
trying to limit yourself to what seems to be the bootonly CD?

There are some people who complain about broadcom cards, in the fact
that they're buggy support/nonexistant support.  Maybe your NIC
chipset is one of those.

The loader.rc is told to mount a memory filesystem from ufs formatted
disk located at /dev/md0c (a memory disk that is populated from the
previous line, a file-based filesystem).

So your system wouldn't be able to hit sysinstall or the /etc files
(as I'm seeing the boot process) to do the install or configuration.

Overall, what's to stop you from doing a diskless boot?  the handbook
makes it for a multi-PC setup, but for a single setup, it's quite
easy.