Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 06:11:16 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        holland@i-p-d.nl
Cc:        jwenger@ac-ent.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Majordomo

On Sat, Jan 09, 1999 at 04:00:03PM +0000, holland@i-p-d.nl wrote:

> > From:          "Jack Wenger" <jwenger@ac-ent.com>
> > I've installed Majordomo on my 2.2.7 system for a client. I'm running
> > sendmail 8.9.1.

> This is a major problem with majordomo. You can fix this
> by putting your majordomo aliases file in /etc dir.Make sure your
> entry in sendmail points to that. Also after you restart sendmail
> make sure that you do newaliases after adding new majordomo aliases
> to the file you just put in your /etc dir

And also with sendmail 8.9.x you'll need to remove the group-write bit
on the /usr/local/majordomo/lists directory if you haven't done so
already. If you need ordinary users to access that directory check the
Majordomo FAQ for alternatives. If you don't make this change,
majordomo will misbehave unpredictably with the newer sendmails.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-