Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:08:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Willoughby <steve@alchemy.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cascading OmniView console switches: the answer

I posted a couple of weeks ago about trouble cascading my OmniView
console switches with my FreeBSD servers.  I finally found the clue
on the OmniView web site FAQ (I just wish it were in the manual).
It turns out that the model of switch I have (4-port PS/2) requires
that the switches be cascaded using a 5-pin DIN (AT-style) keyboard
cable, even though everything else uses PS/2 connectors.

They work like a charm now.  Nice switches too.
FYI, in case anyone else was stuck with the same problem.

Regards,

Steve Willoughby
steve@alchemy.com