Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:59:46 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Brian Nelson <brian@pocketscience.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TNT2 and 3D drivers for XF 4.0

Hello,

I have also seen that XF4.0 runs very fine on a TNT2 (mine is a M64 board), but the main point
is the OpenGL / glx / native 3D support (which should have come with XF4.0 and DRI).

Since Nvidia has now a big portion of the market and the "blessing" of having been
chosen for M$ X-Box, why should they care for "just hackers" ? (3DFx and Matrox,
on the contrary will certainly more open to 3D driver ports to XFree)

     TfH

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> on 22/03/2000 14:50:49