Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:21:44 +0000
From:      "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade the ports after performing a binary upgrade

Hello everybody,

I did a binary upgrade on my FreeBSD 6.0 RELEASE system up to 6.1
RELEASE.  However, I'm still running KDE 3.4 and firefox still doesn't
work.  I didn't understand this, but apparently the ports that are
installed to a system don't upgrade with a binary upgrade.  Ok, so,
the question is now, how do I upgrade my ported applications, KDE and
firefox most noteably, to the versions that are  installed with the
ports when one does a 6.1 installation?  I know that I must upgrade
many of the GTK stuff for firefox, etc., so how do I go about
upgrading these applications useing disk 2 of the iso images?

Thanks for any help.

Andy