Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:31:26 +0930
From:      Adam Smith <adam@internode.com.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make installworld problems with BETA4 through 6

Since about BETA4, I've been having installworld problems.

My process for doing a make installworld was:

cd /usr/src
make update
make buildworld
make buildkernel KERNCONF=KERNEL
make installkernel KERNCONF=KERNEL
shutdown now
make installworld

Now, there were no problems with the buildworld.  The installworld breaks
with:

install -o root  -g wheel -m 444 en_US.US-ASCII.cat /usr/share/nls/en_US.US-ASCII/ee.cat
install:  /usr/share/nls/en)_US-ASCII/ee.cat: No such flie or directory

* * * Error code 71

I had to copy that from screen because I had no mouse and I was in single
user mode and.. oh, it was difficult :P

But anyway, because this has been happening I have been getting a broken
installworld.  That's not good.  I cvsupped last night and tried it with
BETA6 but still the same problem.

Anyone experience this or, anyone with any ideas?

--
Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net

Dog for sale: Eats lots and is fond of children.