Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:43:38 +0300
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        "Stanley Chan" <stan@cyberec.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DNS Problem

----- Original Message -----
From: Stanley Chan <stan@cyberec.com>
Newsgroups: lucky.freebsd.questions
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 11:50 AM
Subject: DNS Problem

> Dear FreeBSD,
>
> I am using the FreeBSD4.3 to run my DNS Server. Everything seems fine,
> the mail server (both smtp and pop) runs smoothly
> and the Apache Web server is also OK , however the DNS have some strange
> message as follows:
>
> 152.104.11.98 (My DNS' IP) address already in use
> 127.0.0.1 Address already in use
> deleting interface 127.0.0.1
> ... not listening on amy interfaces
>
> Is that something wrong with my named.conf file or the resolv.conf?
>
> Or I can simply ignore these messages?
>
> Please give me some advice. Your assistance is higly appreciated.

This means that some another program use the same TCP, UDP ports
which your DNS software uses. Probably you run your DNS software twice.

Before running DNS software check out output of the following command:

$ netstat -a

If you see somthing.domain, then some DNS software already is run on your
system.