Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:09:30 +0100
From:      Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how to update freebsd? newbie

* Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net> [0711 08:11]:
> > i am sorry if this is a stupid question i ask but i am willing to see if
> > someone helps me to understand the freebsd update process, i just came
> > from redhat so forgive me
>
> why do you need update while you are newbie.

So he doesn't get rooted?

not keeping ports up to date will bite you in the ass, newbie or not.
not checking regularly for security updates will do the same..

--
Nasrudin walked into a teahouse and declaimed, "The moon is more useful
than the sun."  "Why?", he was asked.  "Because at night we need the