Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:46:55 -0000
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'gmann@cyberia.com'" <gmann@cyberia.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Corrupt X-windows Fonts

Hi Glen,

I can't really help on your problems with missing/extra pixels, but the kvt
problem may be caused by you using a proportional width font (e.g times or
helvetica). I noticed that my letters were all spaced out when I tried this.
If you are using a proportional font, try using 'fixed' or 'clean' instead.

Slightly off the subject, is it just me, or do the fonts under X and KDE
look very poor? Sometimes, at point sizes about about 14, the font goes very
blocky and pixelly. I installed all the fonts that come with the XF86 3.3.3.
1 dist too.

Regards,

Jeff