Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:13:43 -0700
From:      "Brian O'Shea" <boshea@ricochet.net>
To:        "Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson" <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 Keeps Rebooting

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 03:28:42PM -0700, Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:
> I seem to be rebooting a lot these days since I moved my
> Test/Workstation to 4.0. The machine never had a rebooting
> instantaneously under 3.4-STABLE

Are you getting a panic, or is it just rebooting spontaneously without
any messages?

Could you send us your kernel config file, the output from dmesg, and
a general description of the kind of work that this machine is doing?

If it's a panic, also send the panic string plus any other output that
is dumped to the console at the time of the panic.

Regards,
-brian

> Here is the Hardware
>
> Celeron 300a
> Abit BH-6
> 64Megs of Ram
> Sybios 875 UW SCSI wide controller
> es1370 Audio PCI Sound Card
> Aopen 48Speed IDE CDrom
>
> The CDROM runs off the Primary Controller master channel nad the rest of
> the system is on the Sybios controller. I am using the sym driver for
> the SCSI controller. Any ideas. I am at a loss.
>
> TIA
> --

Brian O'Shea
boshea@ricochet.net