Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:11:06 +0200
From:      Jens Felber <J.Felber@gek-consulting.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 7890 OnBoard

Hallo FreeBSD Team,

I have some trouble with my new Motherboard ASUS P2B-LS.
On board is the Adaptec Controller aic-7890 on which is running a 4.3 GB

IBM DCAS drive and a PIONEER SlotIn CDROM. (32x)
In the CAM Directory of your ftp-Server I found a bootable floppy image.

This image found at boottime the controller and it's not a problem to
create slices and so on. Now I want install from CDROM but the
installationprogram comes up with
error: No CDROM Drive available . Check types ...
As FreeBSD Version I'll  use 2.2.6. (April 98)

Can anybody make a short step by step description in order to make a
running system.

Thanks a lot for your help and best wishes for the development.

sincerly Jens Felber

Jens Felber
EMail: J.Felber@gek-consulting.de

PS: I'm also looking for a free NewsServer with FreeBSD Stuff, any idea?