Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 1995 15:35:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to abort a DMA transfer?

On Fri, 1 Sep 1995, Michael Smith wrote:

> J Wunsch stands accused of saying:
> > As Frank Durda IV wrote:
> > [very excellent description of the PeeCee DMA stuff deleted.]
> >
> > Do people think this would make sense to be put along with the other
> > share/FAQ/Text items we've got (or their HTML replacements)?
>
> Yes, definitely.  Commentaries like that are _extremely_ worthwhile
> keeping around; they're often better than formal documentation when it
> comes to understanding things.

Would someone email a copy to me for inclusion in the handbook?  (I've
been to busy to do anything but random sampling of the mailing lists and
article in question slipped by.) I think I'll make a chapter of "Technical
Tidbits" for things like this.  We already have a few things, like memory
utilization and the booting process that would be good companions for such
a chapter.  I've also got a few "Terry Lambert Sermons" on assorted topics
that I've saved.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============