Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:19:08 -0500
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@absolutbsd.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mozilla-1.2b_3,1 crashing X

++ 08/01/03 23:40 -0500 - Pete Fritchman:
| I seem to have encountered a weird problem.  I'm running -current (as of
| early December - in the process of upgrading this tonight, but I don't
| think it's the issue).  Installed mozilla-1.2b_3,1, and trying to run it
| under KDE.  It worked fine earlier today, not sure what exactly changed,
| but when I start mozilla now, I get:
|
| % mozilla
| No running window found.
| Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
|
| and then X crashes.

Well, I managed to figure this out.  I had installed a local font (the
"suxus" font, it's a small font useful on laptop screens) in the .bdf.gz
format.  The font worked fine (xterm -fn suxus worked great), but this
was making mozilla crash X.  I converted the font to a .pcf file
(bdftopcf), removed the .gz file, and did a mkfontdir again, and mozilla
seems to work great now.

--pete