Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:49:49 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        cvs@freebsd.org, re-amd64@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: my dream come true

Even though on Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 19:49  Kris Kennaway
realized that everything he says should be taken 'cum grano salis',
he unhesitatingly continued with this missive:

> On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 12:38:55AM +0100, Joe Holden wrote:
> > Genaro wrote:

[quoted spam deleted - wjv]

> > Why was this even allowed on the list? My Spam filters say no.

> No spam filter is 100% effective.  The thing to realise is that
> freebsd.org gets at least a spam per second the last time I checked,
> so the filters in place really are very good.

I wish mine had been that light :-).  I was getting in excess
of 300,000 spams per 24 hour period on springbreak.com before I
made it totally inaccessible - and sort of violating 'net rules.
But I had no choice.  But the 4.x version of FreeBSD running at
that time on a 600Mhz Pentium just took it all in stride.

And Kris - thanks for all the hard work you put in to keeping
things running.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com