Date:      30 Dec 1999 10:42:41 -0500
From:      Rajappa Iyer <rajappa@mindspring.com>
To:        Frank Louwers <frank@student.rug.ac.be>
Cc:        William Woods <freebsd@cybcon.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound on a Thinkpad 770E

Frank Louwers <frank@student.rug.ac.be> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 10:40:23PM -0800, William Woods wrote:
> > Anyone get sound working on a Thinkpad 770E? If so, what options did you use in
>
> What kind of soundcard does it have? An mwave? If so, there is not much you
> can do, as IBM won't release the specs, so nobody can write a driver.

The documentation claims that it is CS4235-based card, but it cannot
be detected as such.  Soundblaster emulation does, however, work:

controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0   at isa? port? irq? drq 3 conflicts
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x300 irq? conflicts
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388 irq? conflicts

The dmesg output:

sb0 at port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa0
snd0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.2>
opl0 at port 0x388 on isa0

Regards,
Rajappa
--
<rajappa@mindspring.com> a.k.a. Rajappa Iyer.		New York, New York.
	We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.