Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 17:33:27 -0400
From:      Chip Marshall <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx>
To:        Vernon Buck Jr <vbuck@usa.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.4 stable Alt-Ctrl Fn KDE

On May 31, 2000, Vernon Buck Jr sent me the following:
> When I Alt-Ctrl Fn to another screen, then when I Alt Fn back to my X-Window
> session I am no longer in GUI mode.  I just see messages from the X-Window
> session.  What am I doing wrong?  In SCO OpenServer which is my only Unix
> experience I don't have that problem of course I am not using KDE either?

When you start X, it starts the GUI on a seperate console. Try hitting
Alt-F9 through Alt-F12, it's probably sitting on one of those if you
are running a pretty generic setup and havn't played with your ttys
yet.

--
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx> http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/ Finger for PGP
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a18>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N+@ o K- w O M+ V--