Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:09:20 -0500
From:      ethercat <ethercat@ethercat.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP connecting, not resolving hostnames

Never mind.  Fixed it.  Wrong DNS servers.

>Greetings,
>
>If anyone here can be of assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
>User PPP will connect to my provider (mindspring) and will ping,
traceroute, etc., as long as I have an IP address, but fails when it tries
to resolve a hostname.  I am connecting manually using term, obtaining a
dynamic IP address, and attempting to use mindspring's nameservers.

>Following are the contents of my resolv.conf, host.conf, hosts, and
ppp.log files.  If any additional information is needed to help diagnose my
problem, please let me know, and I will happily provide it.

>Thanks,
>ethercat