Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2017 16:17:13 +0800
From:      blubee blubeeme <gurenchan@gmail.com>
To:        Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@shaneware.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jack-less audio

I am in a similar boat but I ported amsynth.
If you look at audio/amsynth it supports midi over usb w/o jack!

Test that out after installing audio/oss

It's just a matter of getting the OSS IO for these tools. I'm working on
getting OSS in Yoshimi as well.

It would be cool if after you install audio/oss, run osstest and give some
feedback on the quality of audio that comes from your speakers vs what
you've been use to.