Date:      Thu, 1 May 1997 08:45:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem running xpilot or acm

Has anyone ever seen the following errors for either of these ports?
I suspect that I either don't have something right in my kernel, or
network configuration, but I don't have a clue as to what it is.

bruce:13$ xpilots &
[1] 1895
   Copyright © 1991-96 by Bjørn Stabell, Ken Ronny Schouten & Bert Gijsbers.
  XPilot 3.6.1 comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the
  provided LICENSE file.

Map not specified, trying to open globe.map
World....: The Globe
Bases....: 11
Mapsize..: 170x170
Team play: off
Locating Meta... 1 not found... 2 not found
Map compression ratio is 14.45%
Server runs at 14 frames per second
bruce:14$ xpilot
  Copyright © 1991-96 by Bjørn Stabell, Ken Ronny Schouten & Bert Gijsbers.
  XPilot 3.6.1 comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the
  provided LICENSE file.

xpilot: sendto 127.0.0.1/15345 failed (Address family not supported by protocol family)
xpilot: Couldn't send contact requests

bruce:15$ acm
Automatically starting server ...
ACM version 4.7,  Copyright (C) 1991-1994   Riley Rainey (rainey@netcom.com)

ACM comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it under the
conditions described in the COPYING file.

This server supports netaudio.

Automatically starting server ...
bind: Address already in use