Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 2010 16:42:32 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, postmaster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Forged messages being posted to freebsd-questions

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, jhell wrote:

 > On 08/20/2010 23:08, jhell wrote:
 > >
 > >    Dear Sir/Madam,
 > >    Your email was unable reach the intended person that you were sending
 > >    it to.
 > >    For more information on our business please click on the following
 > >    link:
 > >    [1]Click here for our website
 > >    We look forward to your continued business in the future.
 > >    Regards,
 > >    Webmaster
 > >
 > > References
 > >
 > >    1. http://www.downwind.com.au/avdir/rd.php?id=7564
 >
 > I would apologize for this but I did not write the above message or have
 > any involvement with the websites herein the original message.
 >
 > This message (The one I am sending) is marked with a real high priority
 > and signed with DSN & RR turned on. Please ignore these.

Ok, well that message forged as if from you was also delightfully cc'd
to postmaster@freebsd.org, so David has at least one direct copy to work
with and should be able to block the source, as far as them reaching the
freebsd list/s anyway.

Other participants may still have to deal with off-list copies, possibly
forged as coming from:

Thanks to all, but let's not discuss this further on freebsd-questions?

cheers, Ian