Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:17:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      Peter <peterk@americanisp.net>
To:        "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        Mike Galvez <mrg8n@mail.virginia.edu>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Color term settings

I use term type linux, in both putty and in xterm, seems to work for
everything, so far have had nothing break.

you can also try TERM type: xterm-color

you can check yoour TERM type by:

set |grep TERM

in putty either configure it to be term by linux/xterm-color

or once connected setenv/export TERM=linux

**Random Fortune for this instance of pine**
The primary cause of failure in electrical appliances is an expired
warranty.  Often, you can get an appliance running again simply by
changing the warranty expiration date with a 15/64-inch felt-tipped
marker.
		-- Dave Barry, "The Taming of the Screw"

--- www.nul.cjb.net --- The Power to Crash!
--- www.FreeBSD.org --- The Power to Serve!