Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 1995 01:01:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      root <root@mikeperry.pr.mcs.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cdrom not detected :(

*Sigh* of course it didn't work. Why would it? I mean I only have 2
supported cdroms... Why should it even bother to detect one of then?
Oh BTW I'm rambling on about 2.1-RELEASE. I have a Sony ATAPI cdrom and
an old Sound blaster cdrom, both of which I tried the appropriate boot
floppy for. The auto-probe actually touched (Oh my god!!) my Sound
Blaster cdrom, but when I went rejoicing to the options menu and tried to
select CDROM, it said "No CDROM device has been detected! ..." Am I missing
something? Did it not touch my Sound blaster cdrom and cause the access
light to go on and the cd to spin?? Hrmmm.

Just incase you need some help:
I have a 486 with 2 IDE hard drives on one controller, another IDE controller
with the drive controller disabled in order to use cua2 and 3 (com3 and 4)
and a third ATAPI controller at 170H (I think thats what I put it at)
My Sound Blaster is at 220H IRQ 5 DMA 1...
My ATAPI drive works wonderful under linux, and I have used my Sound
Blaster Cdrom in both linux and dos, but before I got the second IDE
controller for cua2&3

----
If your reply bounces, try mikepery@mcs.com.