Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2002 10:24:24 -0800
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   using a laptop as a main machine

I am getting very tired of enegry wasting hot desktops with
noisy, dusty unreliable fans, and the need for a separate UPS
and all that and think it is past time to switch to laptops
almost completely.  I am sure a lot of you have gone through
the same transition!  So some questions for people who mainly
use a laptop and lug it around everywhere: what features do
you find most useful?  I am not looking for specific model
recommendations but it would be nice to know just how well
your current laptop meets your needs and what would you
change to make it better.

I realize this is a broad topic and there will be different
personal preferences but I am in fact looking for different
points of views.

Thanks!

-- bakul