Date:      Thu,  4 Jul 2002 07:57:05 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
Cc:        Mario Goebbels <mariog@tomservo.cc>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: KSE status.

Quoting Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>:

 | > I'm running a uniproc. box at work with -CURRENT and over 4-5hrs, wired
 | > grew from 50megs (when I first time checked) to 141megs (now). Dunno if
 | > this normal, but it has kept growing.
 |
 | OK, I don't see it happening here on my uniproc box, I havn't tried on my
 | SMP box, I guess my sources aren't new enough. ;-)

For informational purposes:

top on one of my machines with 512M memory shows:

Mem: 213M Active, 182M Inact, 3038M Wired, 19M Cache, 61M Buf, 2756K Free
Swap: 1024M Total, 68K Used, 1024M Free

There is something that I just don't understand with the 3038M Wired?

my laptop with 256M is now showing an hour after a reboot.

 Mem: 157M Active, 36M Inact, 512M Wired, 10M Cache, 35M Buf, 11M Free
Swap: 1024M Total, 1024M Free

both with yesterday's build - kernel and world.

ed