Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:03:52 -0400
From:      "Lester A. Mesa" <netadmin@primex.prontel.net>
To:        <isp@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How many Virtual Hosts?

According to http://www.apache.org/docs-1.2/misc/FAQ.html#fdlim has anyone
found a way to run more than 128 to 250 virtual hosts on an Apache Web
Server 1.3.12 running on FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE?
Our system is a Rackmount Dual Pentium ]|[ 500, 512MB Ram, u3w SCSI HD.  I
know that it all depends on how many hits per day the server will be
getting, though we do not have an approximate amount but I still need to
prepare the servers to take as many hits as possible and to handle as many
virtual host as it can.  Any information will be very valuable.

Lester A. Mesa
lmesa@prontel.com