Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:17:02 -0500
From:      "Andrew Smith" <bsd-questions@andsmith.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Boot Loader

Ok I'm stuck...

I'm trying to get Windows XP and FreeBSD 4.10 to dual boot.

I'm installing onto a 40GB HD:
    30GB - WinXP
    10GB - BSD

So I installed XP, and then FreeBSD, with the Boot Manager.

Rebooted and I get the FreeBSD boot manager.  When I hit F2, FreeBSD =
loads without problems.  However when I hit F1, the computer just beeps =
at me.

So I installed GRUB from the ports 0.94.  I was able to manually boot =
BSD with GRUB, but I could not figure out how to get XP to boot, it =
didn't recognize the partition which XP was installed when I would do a =
"root (hd0,0)".

I've search for a few hours now, trying to figure this out.  But I'm =
stumped.

Would this be easier with two Hard Drives?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew