Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 09:27:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Amatus <c11h15no2@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exotic PCMCIA

the irq's on my system seem to be:
static:
 1 - atkbd0 <AT Keyboard>
 2 - interrupt controller?
 4 - sio0
 6 - fdc0 <NEC 72065B or clone>
 7 - ppc0 <Parallel port>
 8 - real time clock?
12 - psm0 <PS/2 Mouse>
13 - npx0
14 - ata0
15 - ata1
dynamic:
 5 - pcm0 <VIA VT82C686A> (had to add this to my kernel)
     chip1 <VIA 82C686 AC97 Modem>
 9 - uhci0 <VIA 83C572 USB conrtoller>
     uhci1 <VIA 83C572 USB conrtoller>
     pcic-pci0 <TI PCI-1420 PCI-CardBus Bridge>
10 - pcic-pci1 <TI PCI-1420 PCI-CardBus Bridge>
     rl0 <RealTek 8139 10/100BaseTX>
free:
 3 - free
11 - free
by setting pcic0 to use either 3 or 11, and then editing pccard.conf to
include the other, when i insert a card it says that it failed to
assign an irq! what is the deal with those pcic-pci's? can i use those
instead of pcic0?

--- Damir Lampa <lampa@mioc.hr> wrote:
> Amatus:
>
> I had the same problem until I corrected it by setting the IRQ for
> the
> PCMCIA controller manually. Instructions on that one are attached.
>
> HTH,
>
> Damir

=====
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use of the information contained within this email or attachments is strictly prohibited.