Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 00:57:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        fbsdqs <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Server assigned DNS

> Yes, this is one of the things that M$ actually did right.  They came
> up with the original idea, and had it cast in stone - the right (rfc)
> way.

I have to agree.  It's very nice to be able to give your dialup clients
nothing but a phone number and their username/password.  Our tech support
people were very happy when we upgraded to term servers that supported
this.  One less "what's a right click?" question for them to answer...

Are you working this into the "normal" (non-MP) PPP?  It would make for an
easier install for those poor souls that do an ftp install over a modem.
I'm pretty sure every modern dialup box supports the extensions.

Charles