Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:53:31 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS lockup in "zfs" state

--------------enig843EF36E5FEFD2230858901E

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:43:42AM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A machine just wedged its ZFS file systems (UFS file systems were stil=
>> running), all unresponsive processes were in "zfs" state. This is
>> 7.0-RC1 on i386 with 2 GB RAM. It has happened at least once before.
>>
>> I have a kernel core dump (dumped from kdb/ddb on hotkey), if anyone's=

>> interested.
>=20
> Were you copying any data from a ZFS pool to a UFS filesystem, or
> ZFS-to-ZFS, at that time?=20

I don't know - the machine is a server that's been doing it's job (web
server, mysql, java). Depending on when the problem started, there could
have been a rsync from ZFS to UFS for backup purposes.

> Does your coredump's backtrace look at all
> similar to the below report?
>=20
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-January/040047.h=
tml

I vaguely remember there being something about sockbuf when I had the
online debugger running and java (tomcat) is definitely running on the
server. Can you advise me how to extract this kind of information from a
kernel core dump (kgdb doesn't have show alllocks, etc :) )?