Date:      Fri, 04 Apr 1997 01:44:59 +0200
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@olinet.isf.kiev.ua>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Motherboard or setup problem?

I've got a somewhat strange problem. My FreeBSD after a while just
stopped finding my second IDE controller (wdc1) and (obviously) the
CDROM on it. No matter what options I'm including in kernel I'm
getting the
wdc1 not found ...
message. It did see it before though.

But what is stranger still is that both DOS-Win95 AND FreeBSD
installation floppy's kernel have no such problem at all. Is it some
obscure hardware problem or am I merely stupid and there's an option
that I've overlooked?

It's begun even before, with 2.1.0-RELEASE I used before. I'm running
now 2.2-RELEASE on Pentium-100 with 32 Mb RAM and Triton chipset (if
this matter at all). And yes I've included both wdc0 and wdc1 and wcd0
and "option ATAPI" for IDE CDROM in config. file.

Sorry if an answer is obvious and I AM being stupid.

Oh, BTW, I've got an OPTI-930 soundcard. Does FreeBSD support it? And if
so how I should configure kernel?

Thanks for any help.

Vladimir.