Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 95 9:47:29 CDT
From:      grant@cobber.cord.edu (Chris Grant)
To:        ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de (Andreas Schulz)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sound problems

> > Feb 14 09:45:49 eyeara /kernel: snd1 at 0x388 on isa
> > Feb 14 09:45:49 eyeara /kernel: snd1: <Yamaha 2-OP FM>
> > Feb 14 09:45:49 eyeara /kernel: snd2 at 0x220 irq 10 drq 1 on isa
> > Feb 14 09:45:49 eyeara /kernel: snd2: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.2>
>
> Whch Soublaster Card do you have exactly ? Is it a Soundblaster 16
> or a Soundblaster 1.0 or 2.0 or PRO ?
> And what do you have as the disk-controller in the machine ?
> Can be a wrong interrupt, a wrong adress or any other thing. Simply to
> difficult to say from the info :-).

Okay, I would cut/paste the whole boot probing sequence, but I took my
machine back to my house again, to play there.  So I will just run down
where my irq's are, etc.  I just recompiled my kernel last night, so I know
this is where they are at.

sio1	3
sio0	4
ed0	5 (WD8013)
lpt0	7
mse0	9 (ATI GUP bus mouse, *3* button!)
snd2	10 (SB Pro, 16bit, pseudo-cdrom etc., older) drq 1, dma 1
psm0	12 (2 button Microsoft)

I have an IDE interface, with 2 240m drives.  Would you think that there is
an address conflict with my mouse and/or video card?  I remember hearing
somewhere that some REAL video cards use IRQ's to support their operation.
Is this true?

--Chris

--
Christopher K. Grant | Oh Spot, the complex levels of behaviour you display
Concordia College    | connote a fairly well developed cognitive array.-Data