Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 00:21:00 -0400 (AST)
From:      Michael Richards <026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcpdump

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> OK, time to raise this topic again.  What to people think about
> enabling bpfilter by default in GENERIC?
I would think that the majority of us do not use the bpfilter by default.
My personal opinion (whether correct or not) is that it is more secure
this way. Many kiddiez have scripts to automate tcpdumping for passwords
and other such nasties and having to compile a bpf module and load it is
beyond many people. (I admit I'd have to go find some instructions)

-Michael