Date:      Mon, 10 May 2010 11:53:53 -0500
From:      "Richard Kolkovich" <sarumont@sigil.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   xf86-video-ati 6.13.0 + rotation = abysmal performance

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

I run both my monitors rotated (2400x1920 is much better than 3840x1200 :))=
 to portrait on my
HD4550.  After upgrading to xorg 7.5, I noticed that scrolling with my moni=
tors rotated was
impossibly slow.  I didn't see this with no rotation (landscape).

After csupping and updating my system, I determined the issue was the 6.13.=
0 driver.  I downloaded
6.12.7, built and installed that.  No performance problems at all now.

I'll report this upstream (I somehow doubt it's a FreeBSD-specific issue), =
but I wanted to point=20
it out in case any other FreeBSD users run into this after upgrading to 7.5.

--=20

Richard Kolkovich
http://www.sigil.org
PGP Key: 0x9E54EF59 (http://pgp.mit.edu)