Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:25:23 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.org, audit@FreeBSD.org, re@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Extending loader(8) for loading kerels/modules split across several  disks

Michael Smith wrote:

> > > I am curious how in this case the layer is going to know how many
> > > parts the file contains?
> >
> > I'm curious how you're going to get the code to execute
> > to do this layering, when it's spread across three floppy
> > images.
>
> I'm curious to know what you think you're doing getting into yet another
> discussion about something you don't understand.  Which is about the best
> answer I can offer to your question, since it's otherwise a non sequiter.

I guess it was your use of "a stacking filesystem layer" that
made me thing you were stacking filesystem layers.

Sorry if this wasn't clear to you.

I guess what you really meant to say was that you wanted
it pounded into the file I/O in libstand, rather than
saying that you wanted it in a stacking layer?

It wasn't clear that what you meant was not what you
said until you replied with your scheme to the same
posting which I replied to.

It would be nice if you didn't rip people a new one, merely
because you had replied to the same message they replied
to earlier, and they didn't have the information clarifying
the original post at the time they made theirs.

It would be particularly nice, considering it was your
statements that required the clarification in the first
place.

-- Terry