Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 1996 17:29:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation problem: ufs_lock..

I've attempted every configuration I can possibly think of for installing
FreeBSD on this system.  I have installed FreeBSD on a variety of systems
and never encountered this error before.  I have tried multiple
configurations from one to several filesystems on the disk, and every
time it attempts to newfs "rwd0s1e" it gets the error:

    panic: ufs_lock: recursive lock not expected, pid: 1

I have two disks, one IDE and one SCSI (SCSI controller is an adaptech
AHA-1510), both are exclusivley partitioned for FreeBSD.  The
current filesystem config is:

Part        Mount       Size
wd0s1a      /           75MB
wd0s1e      /dev        43MB