Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 13:33:06 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: something strange with sendmail 8.11.6 on FreeBSD

At 10:20 AM 9/22/2001 -0700, Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:
>mike> Actaully I should have said I get the same problem with that defined in
>mike> /etc/make.conf
>
>Did you also set the WorkAroundBrokenAAAA flag in the ResolverOptions
>setting as described?

Yes. In my .mc I have tried

define(`confBIND_OPTS', `+WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')dnl
and
define(`confBIND_OPTS', `WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')dnl

and I have had for some time,

SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-D_FFR_WORKAROUND_BROKEN_NAMESERVERS

in my /etc/make.conf

still,

smtp1# !mail
mail -v postmaster@ica.net
Subject: test

EOT
postmaster@ica.net... Connecting to icamail.ica.net. via esmtp...
postmaster@ica.net... Connecting to mail6.ica.net. via esmtp...
postmaster@ica.net... Deferred: Operation timed out with mail6.ica.net.
smtp1#

I also rebuilt it just to make sure the flags were being passed and it
seems to be
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/src
-I/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/include -DNEWDB -DNIS
-DNETINET6 -DTCPWRAPPERS -DMAP_REGEX -DSTARTTLS -D_FFR_TLS_O_T -D_FFR_TLS_1
-D_FFR_TLS_TOREK -D_FFR_WORKAROUND_BROKEN_NAMESERVERS    -c
/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/src/udb.c

Also, where is it described in the README ?

         ---Mike