Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:55:06 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?michael=20green?= <michaelrmgreen@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Byterunner multiserial saga

I've got a Byterunner tc800 set to 0x100 and irq 4 to
correspond with an Arnet 8 port for use under SCO
OpenServer for terminals (the motherboard com ports
are disabled).

I'm having difficulty getting it to run under FBSD
4.6.0 (large numbers of dropped characters).

I have confirmed that the hardware functions correctly
by installing SCO OpenServer.

I have confirmed that the GENERIC kernel works
sucessfully with the motherboards com ports.

I've reviewed man sio, LINT, handbook, and searched
the maillist archives, the www and Byterunner web
site.

/usr/sbin/config returns a syntax error when the
keywords tty, vector or  siointr (see below) are used.
*

Could someone expand on the instructions in man sio
especially the hex flags code and the use of tty and
the other keywords.

Current kernal config file=
#device sio0 at isa? port IO_COM1 irq 4
#device sio1 at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
#device sio2 at isa? port IO_COM3 irq 5
#device sio3 at isa? port IO_COM4 irq 9
options COM_MULTIPORT
device sio0 at isa? port 0x100 flags 0x20705
device sio7 at isa? port 0x138 flags 0x20705 irq 4

* Example seen in maillist archives=
device sio11 at isa? port 0x138 tty flags 0xb05 irq 12
vector siointr

Oh yes and what does this mean?:

You should set the 0x10000 flag (only in current yet)
as well, to avoid the case where a pending IRQ from a
higher port prevents sio`s test#3 from passing on a
lower port.

Advice and suggestions please. Is this question in the
right place? Thanks.