Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 08:03:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      goodleaf <john@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freebsd on non-Intel CPU

Pardon me if this is a terribly newbie question.

I'm looking at buying some Athlon components for a dual-boot
workstation. How stable is FreeBSD on Athlon hardware, the FIC or ASUS
boards + an Athlon 700 in particular. Is there a way to recompile to take
maximal advantage of the Athlon's improvements? (Still in the
works?) Anyone have experience with this?

TIA,
John