Date:      Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:39:54 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   using beastie.4th to alternate boot i386 / amd64

I'm trying to get beastie.4th to allow me to select either
amd64 or i386 as my running system. I can get this to happen
from the boot loader using:
set currdev=disk1s1d
set rootdev=disk1s1d
unload
load /boot/kernel/kernel
load /boot/kernel/acpi.ko
load /boot/kernel/hptmv.ko
boot

But Im at a loss when it comes to altering beastie.4th to
replicate these steps I've currently added a menu option
with the following code:
dup booti386key @ = if
  s" disk1s1d" s " currdev" setenv
  s" disk1s1d" s " rootdev" setenv
  0 boot
then

So all I need to do is replicate the unload / load steps
I though this would be just like:

dup booti386key @ = if
  s" disk1s1d" s " currdev" setenv
  s" disk1s1d" s " rootdev" setenv
  unload
  load /boot/kernel/kernel
  load /boot/kernel/acpi.ko
  load /boot/kernel/hptmv.ko
  0 boot
then

When I that it wasn't pretty, rescue disk.. as I didn't even
get the menu. I've had a look at some forth guides but have
been unable to come up with the correct way of making this
work.

Can someone  point me in the right direction ?

    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.