Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 16:38:29 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        chip <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>, Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: just discovered the app bgrot - this is cool

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 02:06:38PM -0800 I heard the voice of
chip, and lo! it spake thus:

> The default display type is tiled, but that is easily changed in the conf
> file also, I set mine to centered, looks much better that way, for larger
> images. (This is not documented.)

Just to clarify a bit:

This can't be handled through the config file, it requires a little
1-line tweak to the script that actually runs all the rotations.  It uses
xv(1) to do the displays, so tiled is the default, and you can also do
centered or stretched (who needs aspect ratios, anyway?) or even some of
the other fun modes xv can do (mirrored is nifty).

Allowing better control of stuff like this is one of the targetted
features of the ever-vaporware bgrot v2.  Also, xv has occasionally
(maybe 10 or 15 times in the years I've been running bgrot) just decided
to not display an image, and instead eat all the CPU time it can get its
hands on until you kill it; v2 will be able to monitor for that...  until
then, you'll just have to Not Panic (tm) when you notice your >1 load
average come out of nowhere, and just smack xv down.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com