Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:11:41 +0100
From:      yveline josserand <yveline.josserand@sofrecom.fr>
To:        Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pb with sendmail 8.9.3

Dan,

I have verified that all references to sofrecom.fr in my DNS zone file
ended by a dot. It was the case. I changed the file /etc/resolv.conf:

		search localhost.sofrecom.fr
		nameserver 127.0.0.1

I use nslookup to fix the problem. I have the following message when
I invoke surfer.sofrecom.fr:

	;; res_mkquery(0,surfer.sofrecom.fr.localhost.sofrecom.fr,
	1, 1)
	------------
	Got answer:
   	 HEADER:
        opcode = QUERY, id = 16335, rcode = NXDOMAIN
        header flags:  response, auth. answer, want recursion,
recursion 	avail.
        questions = 1,  answers = 0,  authority records = 1,
additional 	= 0

    QUESTIONS:
        surfer.sofrecom.fr.localhost.sofrecom.fr, type = A, class = IN

	------------

I expect that the fact the nslookup works correctly resolve my problem,
but it doesn't

When I use an inexistent domain in my e-mail heading address
(yveline.josserand@surfer.sofrecom.fr), I send a message to ping@
oleane.com, the mail is accepted for delivery. It may be rejected
with the  following message:

		sender domain may resolve because surfer doesn't exit

Have I had an another means to determine where is the problem? have you
have any idea?

Thanks

Yveline

--