Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2018 11:02:31 +0300
From:      Alexandru Elisei <alexandru.elisei@gmail.com>
To:        Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        araujo@freebsd.org, manu@freebsd.org, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org,  freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org,  Alexandru Elisei <alexandru.elisei@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: ARMv8 development board with GICv3

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:30 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> wrote:
>  A quick grep in the linux dts directory for arm64 give me a few SoC where
> we boot on it :
>
>  Thunderx and Marvell 37XX.
>
>  That being said I think you better try with a gic-v2 board as I adviced in
> AsiaBSDCon this year.

I have virtualized the GICv3 controller as it is the newer version and
I would like to validate this version on a board.

GICv2 virtualization was done for the ARMv7 version of bhyve and the
two versions haven't been yet integrated and I am not familiar with
the code, as GICv2 is architecturally different from GICv3.