Date:      Tue, 8 Nov 2005 11:28:42 +0100
From:      <Tyrone@telecity.se>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: shaping

Hi=20

=20

I'm having trouble creating a carp interface

My freebsd vers is FreeBSD  5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #3: Mon Nov
7 12:56:32 CET 2005     tyrone@:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/CLOWNFISH
i386

=20

When I type=20

# ifconfig carp0 create

I get the following error

ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE: Invalid argument

=20

Is there anything I have to enable before?

=20

Regards

Tyrone

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees named above
and may be confidential. If you are not an addressee you must not use
any information contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other
than TeleCity or the addressees of its existence or contents. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the TeleCity IT
department on +44 (0) 161 232 3220 or by email at
techsupport@telecity.com. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed
100% secure, you should therefore take this potential lack of security
into consideration when emailing us as we do not accept legal
responsibility for the security of the contents of this or other =

emails. Whilst TeleCity take measures to prevent any virus
contamination of our computer systems, recipients of emails should
always ensure that they take their own precautions to avoid virus
contamination.
=0D