Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2018 21:59:58 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: error: undefined symbol: OPENSSL_cpuid_setup

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 07:26:08PM -0700, bob prohaska wrote:
> While playing with compiling www/chromium, I'm seeing make stop with
> /usr/bin/ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: OPENSSL_cpuid_setup
>
> This is on a Raspberry Pi 3 running
> FreeBSD www.zefox.org 12.0-ALPHA7 FreeBSD 12.0-ALPHA7 r338880 GENERIC
> with ports at
> 480613
>
> World and kernel build, install and run acceptably, so the system as
> a whole isn't hugely broken. Can anybody suggest a fix/workaround?

Changed the make command to
make -DBATCH DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=base > make.log

but make stopped with the same error:
/usr/bin/ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: OPENSSL_cpuid_setup
>>> referenced by crypto.c
>>>               crypto.o:(do_library_init) in archive obj/third_party/boringssl/libboringssl.a
c++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

It's not clear to me if this is an issue with the port, or the base system.
Any advice appreciated!

bob prohaska