Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2006 19:40:12 GMT
From:      "Boris S." <bst2006@dva.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-pf@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/106400: fatal trap 12 at restart of PF with ALTQ if ng0 device has detached

The following reply was made to PR kern/106400; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Boris S." <bst2006@dva.dyndns.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,  bst2006@dva.dyndns.org,
 volker@vwsoft.com,  glebius@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/106400: fatal trap 12 at restart of PF with ALTQ if ng0
 device has detached
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:17:24 +0100

 I use ALTQ primarily for priorizing tcp acks.
 Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think it is not possible to priorize TCP
 ACKS on encapsulated PPPoE data on the 'real' interface.

 Bandwidth limiting on ng0 works great if I left some bandwidth for the
 PPPoE overhead.

 Beside this, I can't currently limit the real interface, because the
 dsl-modem is connected in another room on the main LAN. I don't have a
 dedicated NIC for the modem.

 Boris